This degree will provide students with the academic preparation for acceptance into various professional and graduate degree programs such as medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, optometry, pharmacy, clinical laboratory technology, cytotechnology, and physician assistant. Core courses selected by each student will be based on his or her career goals.
To be accepted into the Bachelor of Science degree, a student must meet the general requirements for admission into AdventHealth University (see General Studies Admission in the Admission Information section), and:
- Submit the Biomedical Sciences Program Application once admitted to the University. The application can be accessed at http://my.adu.edu.
- Have a minimum admissions GPA of 3.00 in high school or a GPA of 3.00 on a minimum of 12 college credits. GPAs presented to the Admissions Committee for each applicant will be a cumulative record of all college-level work.
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 19 or a minimum combined score of 910 on the SAT (rSAT: 990). Applicants having 24 or more college-level credits from a regionally accredited college are exempt from this requirement.
- Competitive applicants will be invited to attend an interview. Meeting minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee an invitation for an interview. Every applicant who wishes to be accepted to the program must complete the interview process.
Students may progress toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences when they:
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.70.
- Earn a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) in all science and health science requirements.
- Successfully repeat courses in which a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) was not achieved.
AdventHealth University will consider students for graduation and conferral of a Bachelor of Science degree when they have met the general University requirements for graduation (see Graduation in the Academic Information section) and have:
- Completed a minimum of 124 trimester hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Completed the prescribed course of study with a minimum of 42 upper division credits.
- Achieved a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) in all science and health science requirements.
- Completed competency assessment requirements.
- Completed a minimum of 62 trimester hours in residence at AdventHealth University. For students entering the Baccalaureate program with a degree, 36 trimester hours must be completed at AdventHealth University.
- Completed the service-learning requirement embedded in designated courses.
Successfully complete MCAT prep course for self-declared students.