The Executive Master of Healthcare Administration Program (EMHA) is designed for employed administrators and executives, physicians and healthcare professionals seeking to advance their management and leadership capabilities. Students may work full time while completing coursework.
The EMHA is a program that develops leaders who possess the values, knowledge, and skills needed to work in a highly-competitive, market-driven environment. Students will learn about the management of healthcare from experienced administrators. They will also learn to conceptualize, analyze, and apply vital concepts when dealing with multifaceted healthcare administrative issues.
- Current employment in the healthcare field.
- Minimum three years' experience in management including budgeting and HR.
- Completed program pre-requisites.
- Submit an application online and nonrefundable $50 fee.
- Present official transcripts for each College or University attended. Transcripts must be mailed or delivered electronically to AHU from each institution, or the applicant may deliver a transcript in a sealed envelope directly to the Office of Enrollment Services. Faxed copies will not be considered official.
- Present a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Submit an EMHA Prerequisite Eligibility Form.
- Present an updated resume.
- Provide an essay or goal statement outlining career goals, reasons for choosing to attend a faith-based institution, and reasons for specifically choosing AdventHealth University.
- Provide two recommendations using AHU forms: It is preferred to have one academic reference and one supervisor reference in addition to the third recommendation.
Applicants who are not admitted to the Executive Master's in Healthcare Administration program during a specific admission cycle may reapply to the program for the next admission cycle as long as they have successfully met the minimum admission requirements. Re-applicants are expected to meet the published admission deadlines by submitting the following additional information to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Submit an application online with a non-refundable $50 reactivation fee.
- Updated official transcripts from any accredited institutions attended since the original application was submitted.
- Provide an updated resume.
In the EMHA Program, students will be deemed to be making continuous satisfactory progress toward the EMHA degree when they complete all scheduled program courses with a grade of "B" (3.0) or better on a 4.0 grade point scale.
AdventHealth University will consider students for graduation with a Master's in Healthcare Administration when they have:
- Met the general requirements for the Executive Master's in Healthcare Administration degree.
- Completed all required courses in the Executive Master's in Healthcare Administration curriculum with grades of "B" (3.0) or better.
- Completed all required courses in the Executive Master's in Healthcare Administration curriculum within 72 months of their acceptance into the program.
ACCT 220 or ACCT 221
ECON 250 or ECON 260
A student who successfully follows the sequence below will complete the curricular requirements in less than 2 years.