The Master of Healthcare Administration in Strategy & Innovation (MHA-SI)/Master of Business Administration (MBA) dual degree is a two-year, six term program that develops leaders who possess the values, knowledge, and skills needed to work in a highly-competitive, market-driven environment. Students will learn about the design, delivery, and execution of strategy and innovation in healthcare. In particular, students will learn to integrate data and evidence based practices to gain operational effectiveness, quality outcomes, and sustainability of strategy in healthcare. Furthermore, students will receive a Master's in Business Administration from Stetson University that is grounded in business theory while also building confidence and collaborative skills. All classes are offered online to accommodate the working professional.
Physical and Mental Abilities
Applicants seeking admission to the MHA-SI/MBA program must:
- Be able to speak in a clear and concise manner.
- Have communication abilities sufficient to interact professionally with others in verbal and written form.
- Possess critical thinking skills sufficient to think clearly and act appropriately in stressful situations.
- Possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with individuals, families, and groups from a variety of social, emotional, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
Applicants to the MHA-SI/MBA program must:
- Submit an application online and nonrefundable $100 application fee.
- Present evidence of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Present current official transcripts from all undergraduate and/or graduate institutions attended. Admission GPAs will be calculated based on credits and grades from regionally accredited institutions only. Transcripts must be mailed or delivered electronically to AHU from each institution, or the applicant may deliver a transcript in a sealed envelope directly to the Office of Enrollment Services. Faxed copies will not be considered official. Failure to disclose all colleges previously attended could result in denial or dismissal. Additionally, transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). This is the only company from which we accept transcript evaluations.
- Present official transcripts for each College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) examination taken only if the applicant would like them to be considered for fulfillment of prerequisite requirements. CLEP scores reported on an official college transcript are also acceptable for this requirement.
- Present a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Provide an essay or goal statement outlining career goals, reasons for choosing to attend a faith-based institution, and reasons for specifically choosing AdventHealth University.
- Provide two recommendations using AHU Recommendation Forms. It is preferred to have one academic reference and one supervisor reference.
Applicants who are not admitted to the Dual degree program during a specific admission cycle may reapply to the program for the next admission cycle as long as they have successfully met the minimum admission requirements. Reapplicants are expected to meet the published admission deadlines by submitting the following additional information to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Submit an application online with a non-refundable $100 reactivation fee.
- Updated official transcripts from any accredited institutions attended since the original application was submitted.
- In the MHA-SI Program, students will be deemed to be making continuous satisfactory progress toward the MHA-SI degree when they:
- Complete all scheduled courses with a grade of 'B' or better. One course with a grade of 'C' is permitted.
- Achieving a second course grade of "C" requires students to repeat the second course in which the grade of "C" was awarded. No more than two courses may be repeated, after which time the student will be academically dismissed from the program.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00, on a 4.00 scale, or better in all program coursework.
- Progression in the MBA program will be determined by Stetson University. Progression in the Dual Degree program is contingent on a student fulfilling the progression requirements for both institutions.
AdventHealth University will consider students for graduation with a Master's in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation when they have:
- Met the general requirements for the Master's in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation degree.
- Completed all required courses in the Master's in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation curriculum with grades of "B-" (2.70) or better.
- Completed all required courses in the Master's in Healthcare Administration in Strategy and Innovation curriculum within 72 months of their acceptance into the program.
- Completion requirements for the MBA program will be determined by Stetson University. Completion in the Dual Degree program is contingent on a student fulfilling the completion requirements for both institutions.