Certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctoral degrees are conferred three times a year at the end of each trimester. Graduation ceremonies are held at the end of the Spring trimesters.
All incomplete, deferred, and missing grades must be resolved before a student’s degree is conferred.
All students must submit a Graduation Application to initiate the graduation process. These applications are available on the University website. Students anticipating completion of degree requirements must file this form with the Office of the Registrar by the date indicated on the site. Failure to meet the deadline will result in being unable to participate in the graduation ceremony and register for their last term. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.
All degree candidates are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremonies. A graduation fee (see the Financial Information section) will be assessed upon receipt of your graduation application.
Students who have received Federal Stafford Loans while enrolled at AdventHealth University will need to complete exit loan counseling before receiving their diploma or transcript.
Students have the option to graduate with a dual degree. Students who are eligible to graduate with two degrees at commencement may walk with the program of their choice. Students may not walk with both programs.
Students who plan to complete degree requirements at the end of the summer trimester may participate in the preceding spring graduation ceremony under the following policies:
- At the time of graduation, the student may not have more than 12 credits pending.
- The outstanding credits must be completed by the last day of final exams during the summer trimester immediately following the spring graduation ceremony.
- Students who are pending completion of degree requirements will not be eligible for graduation honors.1
- Students will not be eligible to participate in any other graduation ceremony for the conferral of the same degree.
- Incomplete, deferred, and missing grades must be resolved before the degree can be conferred.
1 Graduates of the Occupational Therapy Assistant program are eligible for graduation honors.