Certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degrees are conferred three times a year at the end of each trimester. Graduation ceremonies are held at the end of the fall and spring trimesters.
All incomplete, deferred, and missing grades must be resolved before a student can graduate. Students have the option to graduate with a dual degree (refer to the Dual Degree Policy section).
All students must submit a Graduation Application to initiate the graduation process. These applications are available on the University website. Students anticipating completion of degree requirements must file this form with the Office of the Registrar by the date indicated on the form. Failure to meet the deadline will result in being unable to participate in the graduation ceremony and register for their last term. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.
All degree candidates are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremonies. A graduation fee (see the Financial Information section) will be assessed the last trimester students are in attendance before completing their degree requirements.
Students who have received Federal Stafford Loans while enrolled at AdventHealth University will need to complete exit loan counseling before receiving their diploma or transcript.
Students who are eligible to graduate with two degrees at commencement may walk with the program of their choice. Students may not walk with both programs.
Students completing degree requirements at the end of the summer and fall trimesters should participate in the fall ceremony. Students completing degree requirements at the end of the spring trimester should participate in the spring ceremony.
Students who plan to complete degree requirements at the end of the summer trimester may participate in the preceding spring graduation ceremony under the following policies:
- At the time of graduation, the student may not have more than 12 credits pending.
- The outstanding credits must be completed by the last day of final exams during the summer trimester immediately following the spring graduation ceremony.
- If students fail to complete the degree requirements by the end of the summer trimester, a fee equal to 50% of the current graduation fee will be assessed to cover additional processing costs.
- Students who are pending completion of degree requirements will not be eligible for graduation honors.1
- Students will not be eligible to participate in any other graduation ceremony for the conferral of the same degree.
- Incomplete, deferred, and missing grades must be resolved before the degree can be conferred.
1 Graduates of Occupational Therapy Assistant and Nuclear Medicine Technology programs are eligible for graduation honors.