Apr 22, 2024  
2023-2024 Student Handbook 
2023-2024 Student Handbook

Frequently Asked Questions



How do I apply to a professional program?

Each degree program has its own application deadline. All application materials, including a separate program application for on-campus AS and BS programs, must be received by this date in order to be considered for admission. Files completed after the deadline will be reviewed only if there are still openings available. Be sure to follow your application checklist on http://my.ahu.edu to ensure that your file is completed by the deadline. Complete your program application at http://my.ahu.edu. The “Apply to a Program” link is listed under Academics.

Certain programs require recommendation forms for admission. Students who have completed 12 or more credits at AHU will be required to submit an additional recommendation form completed by any AHU faculty member, adjunct professor, tutoring coordinator, chaplain, or academic advisor. This form can be accessed by logging into your my.ahu.edu account, clicking on “University Services,” then “Admissions,” and “Admissions Forms.” 

How do I change my degree program?

Submit a program application if you are planning to apply to one of the on-campus AS or BS programs. You can access these applications through your student page. Complete your program application at http://my.ahu.edu. The “Apply to a Program” link is listed under Academics.

Program Application Deadlines

Each degree program has its own application deadline. After this date, completed application files will be reviewed for admission or readmission.

Applications may be submitted after the posted deadline dates; however, they will not be guaranteed consideration by the Admissions Committee. Application deadline dates are located online at http://www.ahu.edu/admissions


How do I find the add/drop dates?

You can find these and other important dates in the Academic Catalog under Academic Calendar.

How do I withdraw from a course?

To withdraw from a course, from all courses in a given trimester, from a program, or from the University, students must obtain a Drop/Withdrawal Form and complete the following:

  1. Meet with the appropriate University representatives (instructor, academic advisor, etc.)
  2. Meet with representatives from the Financial Aid and/or Business Office.
  3. Submit the Withdrawal Form with completed signatures to the Office of the Registrar.

Students will be placed on academic leave between the dates requested, but their student status will remain unchanged. Students who attend other institutions after leaving will be asked to provide an updated official transcript for evaluation upon re-entry to AHU.

How do I get a transcript?

You can securely deliver your official transcripts either electronically through Parchment, or as a paper transcript sent by way of the U.S. postal service to the recipient of your choice.  Expedited or international services are available for an additional charge.  All transcript requests will have a minimum service fee of $5 per request.  Additional charges will be applied for mailed transcripts, expedited and international services.  

You can connect to Parchment through a secure student portal when you log in to your AHU student page.  Once there, you will register and then place your transcript order(s); you can attach documents to go with the transcripts, if needed.  Orders are also conveniently trackable.  Please make sure to check your address and email on your university student page before ordering to avoid placing a new order and charge.  

For your convenience, instructions below are included to help you connect to Parchment for ordering your transcript(s).  Please save for future reference.

  1. Sign into your my.ahu.edu account
  2. Under University Services, click on “Office of the Registrar
  3. Click on “Transcript Request
  4. Click “Log into Parchment“   

Note: If you get a message regarding your need for Financial Clearance please contact the Business Office at 407-303-7747 ex.110-9874

  • e-Transcript - Delivered electronically via the secure portal within 24 to 48 hrs - $5.00
  • Paper Transcript – Mailed – processed within 24-48 hours, however arrival depends on USPS – average 3-7 days
    • Standard U.S. Postal Services - $6.00
    • FedEx Overnight Domestic - $30.00
    • FedEx Express International services - $45.00

eTranscripts and expedited delivery are not available

For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar at AHU.registrar@ahu.edu or call (407) 303-1785.

Financial Aid

What is the Federal School Code for AdventHealth University?


What types of Financial Aid are available?
  • Amelia Roeder Scholarship
  • Ben Field Memorial Scholarship
  • Bussing Family Scholarship
  • Don and Helen Bradley Scholarship
  • Emily Reeves Tremmel Scholarship
  • External Scholarships
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Federal Stafford Loan - Subsidized and Unsubsidized
  • Federal PLUS Loan (Parent Loan)
  • Femmes de Coeur Scholarship
  • Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)
  • Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG)
  • Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
  • Florida Hospital Credit Union Scholarship
  • Florida Pre-Paid Plan
  • Florida Scholarship for Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans and Service members
  • Frances and William J. Green Trust Scholarship
  • Helen Beam Scholarship
  • Hubbell Family Scholarship
  • Jean Gould Scholarship
  • Jean W. Iles Scholarship
  • Jose Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant
  • Joseph L. Riley M.D. Scholarship
  • Katie Pluta Franklin Scholarship
  • Marley and Beverly Soper Scholarship
  • Paula Curren Scholarship
  • Soler Family Scholarship
  • Susan J. Kintner Scholarship
  • Trent Tindell Scholarship
  • Veteran’s Benefits
  • William H. Coleman and the West Orlando Rotary Club Scholarship
  • Winter Park Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship
When do I apply for Financial Aid?

You need to apply every year starting in October. We recommend that your Federal Income Tax Forms be completed before applying for Financial Aid.

What initial items are necessary to apply for Financial Aid?

Go to https://www.ahu.edu/tuition-and-aid/how-to-apply-for-financial-aid

  • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If applying without a PIN, please print the signature page, and submit to the address indicated. All students must complete the FASFA if applying for any type of financial aid.
  • The AHU Financial Aid Application.
  • Verification documents, if selected for verification.
  • Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance loan counseling, if applying for a loan for the first time at AHU.
When will I hear what my Financial Aid award is?

It can be anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks from the time the Financial Aid Office has received all of the above items until you receive a response.

What does it mean if I have been chosen for verification?

It means that you/your parent will need to supply one or more of the following items to the Financial Aid Office so they can verify the information you filled out on the FAFSA:

  • Untaxed income verification
  • Household verification
  • Income Verification
  • IRS Federal Income Tax Transcript and W-2s for you, your spouse, or your parents.
  • Verification of citizenship or immigrant status.
When will I receive my Financial Aid?

Financial Aid will be posted on your student account after the end of the drop/add period, if the Financial Aid Office has received all required documents.

How much can I borrow in loans?

The total combined amounts a student may borrow in subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford loans may not exceed the annual loan limits or aggregate limits, which are specified in federal regulations. Annual loan limits are determined by class standing (freshman, sophomore, etc.) and dependency status. Students who will be finished with their program during the award year and do not enroll for three trimesters will have their loan prorated.

Annual Limits

Class Standing Credits Earned Maximum Subsidized Additional Unsubsidized Combined Subsidized & Unsubsidized
Freshman 0-31 $3500 $2000 $5500
Sophomore 32-61 $4500 $2000 $6500
Junior/ Senior 62-124 $5500 $2000 $7500
Class Standing Credits Earned Maximum Subsidized Additional Unsubsidized Combined Subsidized & Unsubsidized
Freshman 0-31 $3500 $6000 $9500
Sophomore 32-61 $4500 $6000 $10500
Junior/ Senior 62-124 $5500 $7000 $12500
Graduate     $20500 $20500

Aggregate Limits

The cumulative amount that a student can borrow through the years is called the aggregate limit. A student who exceeds the aggregate loan limit is ineligible to receive any Title IV funding. The graduate aggregate loan limit includes any loan amount borrowed during undergraduate study.

  Dependent Undergraduate Independent Undergraduate Graduate (Includes undergraduate amount)
Maximum Subsidized $23000 $23000  
Combined Subsidized and Unsubsidized $31000 $57500 $138500
Do I have to complete entrance loan counseling?

Yes, if you are a first-time borrower at AHU.

Do I have to complete exit loan counseling?

Yes, if you drop to less than a half-time student, plan on graduating, or will no longer be enrolled at AHU.

Where do I complete the entrance and exit loan counseling?

Loan counseling can be completed online at https://studentaid.gov/.

I have applied for Financial Aid at another institution. How do I transfer the information to AHU?

Correct your FAFSA and put in the AHU Federal School Code (031155), and the University’s name and address by using one of the following methods:

  • Visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa and select “Make Corrections” to a processed FAFSA.

  • Call 1-800-433-3243. You must have your DRN number from your SAR.

  • Enter the corrections on your SAR and send to the Department of Education or the AHU Financial Aid Office.

  • Complete the AHU Aid Application. If you are eligible for any state grants, please notify the University’s Financial Aid Officer.

What is the e-mail address for Financial Aid?


Financial Services

When do I pay for classes?

The Business Office requires a minimum payment of 50 percent of tuition and fees during registration. All accounts must be settled or arrangements made with the Business Office prior to registering for a new trimester. Any remaining balance must be settled before transcripts or diplomas are released.

Can I register for classes if I have not paid my bill?

Students with an unpaid balance will have a Business Office hold placed on their record which will not allow them to register for classes. Students must see the Business Office for clearance. AdventHealth University reserves the right to deny admission to classes and/or hold official student records for nonpayment of student accounts.

How are University Housing costs processed, and when is payment due?

The student account is charged for the full trimester upon receipt of the housing record. Charges may be paid in full at the beginning of the trimester or paid monthly. All housing costs must be settled, or arrangements made with the Business Office prior to registering for a new trimester. There are no refunds for moving out of University housing prior to the end of the trimester.

How do I make a payment on my bill?

Payment can be made at the Financial Services Department by cash, check, credit card (Discover, Master Card, American Express or Visa), or money order. Credit card payments may be made by phone (407-303-1631), online, or payments can be mailed to:

AdventHealth University
Financial Services Department
671 Winyah Drive
Orlando, FL 32803

There will be a $25 fee charged to the student’s account for returned checks.

I receive Financial Aid. How is this applied to my account?

Each trimester, after the end of the add/drop period, the Financial Aid Office will apply the appropriate amount of approved financial aid to your account. If the approved amount does not fully cover trimester expenses, arrangements must be made to pay the remaining balance. If the approved amount exceeds expenses, the credit will be issued to the student or parent within fourteen days by Bank One. In order for the funds to be issued quicker, it is recommended that the student sign up for the Bank One debit card/Free Checking Account, or the direct deposit (ACH) option. Students or parents who want the credit to stay on the account must provide written notification to the Financial Aid Office. Students or parents who have given the school permission to hold their credit and then change their mind, must provide written authorization of the change to the Financial Aid Office. A check for excess non-federal funds can be issued to you from Financial Services upon written request.

How is a third-party payment (e.g. Vocational Rehabilitation) credited to my account?

Upon registering for classes, submit the third-party billing form to the Student Accounts Manager in the Financial Services office for processing and billing. The third party will be invoiced at the end of the drop/add period. Any remaining balance after the third-party has paid must be settled.

Monies received will be applied to your account according to their payment specifications.

How often will I receive a statement of my account balance?

A statement will be available monthly. Please note that a finance charge of one percent per month will be assessed on all outstanding accounts. You can also access your student account/student ledger through your my.ahu.edu account.